WTA Expresses New Concern Over Safety of China’s Peng Shuai Following Email

Spread the love

The head of the world’s governing body for women’s tennis raised new concerns about the status of Chinese star Peng Shuai after state media posted what it said was an email recanting her sexual-assault accusations against a retired senior Chinese official.

China’s state broadcaster posted a message to some of its Twitter accounts on Wednesday with a screenshot of what it said was an email sent by Ms. Peng to the Women’s Tennis Association, responding to the sports body’s expression of concern earlier this week about her disappearance from public view. The screenshotted message said that the allegation of sexual assault isn’t true, that Ms. Peng is safe and “everything is fine.”

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: